Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Life is Full of Surprises (Blue Fern Studios)

Hi,

My second layout for Blue Fern Studios this month is called Life is Full of Surprises.

Life is Full of Surprises


When I saw this beautiful paper, called Chronicles, in the collection, I immediately thought of this picture of my daughter. I primed it with clear gesso and, as usual, used some modeling paste through a stencil to add texture.


I also added two mists colors to the background: one in a red-burgundy shade that matches the background and another in a golden yellow tone. I used both the Grungy Grid and the Forever stamps to add interest to my background. 


To mat my picture, I used a piece of the Grand Sequel paper and a card from the Calling Cards paper. I placed that over the largest Frilly Hearts chipboard which I embossed with Oatmeal Imagine Ink embossing powder. I just love how it mat my picture with such feminine details.


To embellish, I used some Attic Charm Daisies (you can see it better in the next picture), some Seaside Lilies and some Harvest Lilies. Did I mentioned how I love Blue Fern Studios flowers?


In my flower cluster, I used two keys from the Vintage Keys set. I used again the Oatmeal Imagine Ink embossing powder. 


My title piece, the Life is Full of Surprises chipboard, is embossed with Ginger Imagine Ink embossing powder.

Have a nice day,
Karine

1 comment: